Last night I volunteered at an exclusive event called Conscious Bite Out in Wynwood, Miami. The event took place in an enchanting, modern spot called The Sacred Space Miami, with dimmed lights, tea candles and spider green flowers delicately placed everywhere. It really was such a gorgeous ambiance that fit the theme of the event. This four course, wine paired dinner was completely vegan and served over 50 like-hearted people who were all passionate about the benefits of a plant-based diet yet wanted to have a great time. Originally I wanted to attend the event myself but it was a little bit too pricey for my graduate-student-wallet, and when I received an e-mail seeking volunteers, there was no question I would like to help!
photo // @pamelawasabi
photo // @carolina
photo // @pamelawasabi
The event started with Veev Organic cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, which was followed by the four course dinner that sat in a dining room with a huge communal table full of tea candles and the green spider flowers. It really was gorgeous! The chefs of the event were Massimiliano Lozzi from Full Bloom on Miami Beach, acclaimed chef and educator Pamela Wasabi, and Diego Tosoni from Love Life Wellness.
Although the coordinators of the event were professional, they were also super kind and friendly. The volunteers were allowed to try the food and even enjoy the cocktails and wine. My favorite part was obviously being able to try the food (every single person at the event was an acclaimed foodie), my favorite being one of the hors d’oeuvres: black peppercorn cherry nut cheese, with smoked black lentil and pomegranate on a raw rosemary crisp (pictured above). That little killer was packed full of deliciousness.
I was able to meet so many wonderful people both attending the dinner and those who were volunteering/working that held similar beliefs in the power of a plant-based diet. Being able to enjoy this event behind the scenes was totally worth it and I hope to volunteer for the next one.
PASSED HORS D’OEURVES
- Black peppercorn cherry nut cheese, rosemary crisp, smoked black lentil, pomegranate
- Wild porcini mushroom cauliflower risotto, woodchard asparagus, on a cream of vegetable reduction
- Capresa bite infused with sweet onion balsamic reduction, basil arugula pesto
- Raw living sushi roll, ginger, wasabi pate, mango chili sause, sprouts
- Crispy green kale & rainbow heirloom carrot strudel, ‘cream cheese’, wild flowers
- Red beet ‘pappardelle, purple asparagus, oyster mushrooms, grape tomatoes, cream sauce, fresh herbs
- Hazelnut waffle, rosehip cream, black fig and liquorish ice cream, dark chocolate, rum
“Why do We do what we do? Because We believe that by creating awareness about our food choices, to the community and to our local Chefs, can inspire and support a change that is not only much needed for everyone’s health but also the environment. The future depends on us…” – Conscious Bite Out
It has been becoming more frequent that I listen to music while I go for my runs. Generally, I enjoy a no-fuss workout, just putting on my running outfit, grabbing my sunglasses and out the door. But when you increase your miles you need things like gels, an i.d., and sometimes a little music motivation to keep you running. (I recently bought this running belt that fits my entire phone, keys, and a gel pack. It’s amazing!).
That being said I still try to run without music sometimes because I enjoy listening to the world around me, hearing myself breathe and making sure I am alert with any cars or traffic going on. BUT, like I said, I have been enjoying the music as well. So over the past few months or so I have been compiling a “running playlist” that I think others will enjoy. Obviously this playlist can be used for any type of workout. I promise, it gets you pumped! I had to go through my songs while typing this list up, and I am ready to workout right now.
- I Got U (feat. Jax Jones), Duke Dumont
- Love for you, Kove
- Jubel (original mix), Klingande
- Running (Disclosure remix), Jessie Ware
- Cinema (feat. Gary Go)[Radio Edit], Benny Benassi & Garry Go
- Firestone (feat. Conrad Sewell), Kygo
- Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better), Felix Jaehn
- My Love, Route 94
- My feelings for you (original mix), Avicii
- Bootleg Fireworks (The Rebirth), Dillon Francis
- Faded, Zhu
- Streamers, Wave Racer
- Gold (Moon Booths Remix), Bondax
- Long Time (Benny Benassi Edit), John de Sohn
- Gecko (radio edit), Oliver Heldens
- Thinking about you (feat. Ayah Marar)
- Animaux, Kidnap Kid
- Lean On (feat. MO & DJ Snake), Major Lazer
- You Know You Like It, DJ Snake & Aluna George
- Revolution (feat. Faustix & Imanos And Kai), Diplo
- Okay, Shiba San
- Blame (feat. John Newman), Calvin Harris
- Electric Feel, MGMT
- I will be here (feat. sneaky sound system), Tiesto
- Lost You (feat. Twin Shadow & D’Angelo Lacy, Zeds Dead
I tried to put my most favorites at the top and my least favorites near the bottom… but it was hard. Regardless, I hope you enjoy most of these songs and add them to your workout playlist repertoire! Let me know what you think.
Now go workout!!
Love all of these actresses and especially love that they are vegetarian or vegan. A woman who makes her health and her dietary choices a priority is sexy as heck! #wcw ! I’d like to add Bianca (creator of THe Friendly Fig) to this list!!😉
Hello strangers! I have been living in a lovely condo with my boyfriend in Miami for almost a year now, and I have tempted the balcony garden. First things first, those pins on pinterest claiming you can re-grow vegetables…. it’s true!! At least some of them are! I have planted the bottom of a lettuce head about a month ago and this is what it looks like now: The first lettuce I planted died, I think I watered it too much. I also attempted to re-grow celery–it started to grow and then stopped so I took it out, but I am going to try it again. I also have regrown pineapple and green onions. Garlic is next! I think I get my green-thumb form my mom, growing up she gardened on and off and had me helping her out. I always enjoyed playing in the dirt as a kid. I cannot wait to have a house with a yard! Till’ next time <3